Sunday, January 25, 2015

Falling Off Track ...

We all know that we do this from time to time. I can't tell you how many times in the past year that I have completely fallen off track with healthy habits. Life gets in the way all too often. Work becomes more demanding, I never get time to spend with my son and I never get a chance to just BREATHE. I am sure that some of you are in the same boat. How frustrating is it, right? But how do we get back into it and keep going at it? DEDICATION and continuous MOTIVATION! I will help you in just 3, simple steps!

1.  WRITE IT DOWN! Remind yourself daily what your final goal is. Make a dream board, make it your background on your phone or computer! Put it right in front of you as often as possible! When you keep your eyes focused on the goal, your mind will stay focused, as well. I have started doing this recently and I have found it to be much easier for me to stay focused on my healthy habits goal.

2. CALL IT "ME TIME!"I love this one! We all need a little bit of this, don't we? How much of the day do you spend focusing solely on you and your goals? Probably not much, and if you're like me, its because you feel guilty for spending any of your free time focusing on yourself instead of your child, significant other, friends, etc. But remember, you need some TLC too! Without it, how can you possibly remain effective to others? You need your health and fitness, or one day you won't have time for anyone else because you HAVE to take care of yourself.

And lastly, step number 3. Now do NOT stop here, this last step is EXTREMELY important! 

3. TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN!! I know that many of you, if you are anything like me, battle with negative self-talk. I am that person that looks in the mirror every day and picks apart every last part of me that could/should/would be better "if only I had..." But you know what? It is time to be DONE with that kind of thinking. We need to move past this! We are all worthy of feeling GREAT about the bodies that we own. While you are going through this lifestyle change, make this a daily goal of yours... wake up in the morning, go to the mirror and tell yourself you ARE enough, you ARE beautiful and you ARE worth the time and effort that you are putting into finding your healthy self. The more you say it, the more you believe it!

I know that this all sounds so SIMPLE and the thought must come up... "How the heck is this really supposed to help me?" But I promise, it will. You see, here is why. Your body feeds off of the information that you MIND gives it. If you are constantly feeding your body bouts of negativity, disapproval, doubt, how do you ever expect yourself to change? Today is your day to get back to your healthiest you, and it starts with you believing in YOU.

Are you with me? I sure hope so! If you have questions, comments, suggestions, please let me know. I want to be your guide, your supporter and your friend through this journey. Please SHARE, COMMENT, LIKE, etc.

Love ya!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS